Small Business Networking: Advice & Resources
Posted on 1 February, 2010 | By Erica Simanek Knoch | 2 responses
I have a couple of things to say about networking as a small business owner:
- Do NOT act like the guy in the video above! When I first started networking, I thought it was “all about me”, and would ramble on about what I could offer, and didn’t take much time to listen to others. After a while, I realized there is much more value in listening to others and sharing experiences. You really have to be there in the moment, pay attention and find real connections at networking functions. It’s smart, it’s respectful, and it’s good for business!
- Read my post regarding Creative Networking. In today’s post on Network Solutions’ Grow Smart Business site, I give a few ideas and resources for the small business owner who has time constraints. (and who doesn’t!?) If you have more ideas, I would love to hear them, as I am always looking for more creative networking options.
Additional resources on networking:
- PartnerUp: Network and partner on projects with other small business owners.
- Ryze: Similar to LinkedIn, this site is great for networking online.
- Entrepreneur Connect: A community within Entrepreneur’s site where you can join, get advice and connect for partnerships and possible clients.
Do you have other ways of networking with little or no time to get out? Please share.